Commercial & Contract Law
Acting as a commercial lawyer and as a contract lawyer is a critical part of what I do as a business lawyer in Auckland - it makes up the largest part of my practice. I draft or review a wide range of contracts agreements and other commercial documents and advise on a wide range of commercial law and contract law issues.
In business, as in life, you often get what you pay for. Using a good commercial lawyer or contract lawyer at the front end is more cost effective than having to call on one later to pick up the pieces. Don't underestimate the importance of ensuring that your core documents are well drafted (whether the form of contract is yours or the other party's) and of ensuring that you get good commercial law or contract law advice where it's needed.
Agreements and Contracts and Contract and Commercial Advice include:
- Advising on commercial law and contract law matters (as well as on company law, employment law, and intellectual property law.
- Advising business clients on consumer law matters including as to the Consumer Guarantees Act and the Fair Trading Act (including as to extended warranties, misleading and deceptive conduct, and unfair contract terms).
- Agency Agreements, Distribution Agreements, and Reseller Agreements.
- Business acquisitions and business sales (mergers and acquisitions) including Due Diligence.
- Commercial Lending documents including Guarantees and Indemnities and Hire Purchase Agreements (Conditional Purchase Agreements).
- Confidentiality Agreements (NDAs).
- Employment Agreements, Employment Policies and Procedures, Restraints of Trade.
- Equipment Leases.
- Independent Contractor Agreements.
- Intellectual Property Licences.
- Leases of business or commercial premises.
- Licensing and Manufacturing Agreements, Manufacturing Agreements.
- Partnership Agreements.
- PPSA (Personal Property Securities Act).
- Restraints of Trade.
- Shareholders Agreements.
- Supply Agreements.
- Terms of Trade (including online Terms) and Applications for Credit.
- Website Terms.
This isn't an exhaustive list.
Risks in relation to Unfair Contract Terms – Dukesons Business Law – Contract Lawyer – Business Lawyer
Trial periods – paying out notice period – Employment Lawyer – Business Lawyer – Dukesons Business Law
Dukesons Business Law is known for its expertise, for meeting client deadlines, and for keeping clients informed of progress. That's why clients keep coming back to Dukesons.